Bibens Ace, a Vermont owned seven-store chain of Ace Hardware stores, is seeking a Controller to oversee all financial operating functions.
The Controller will report directly to the VP of Operations and will provide business support and insight to the President of the company. This position is located at the corporate offices in Colchester, Vermont.
For consideration, please email your resume ATTN: CONTROLLER to Matt Sacco (firstname.lastname@example.org) or apply online at www.bibens.com.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Produce timely and accurate financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Create and monitor corporate and retail-level financial budgets and reports
- Maintain internal controls over Company assets
- Manage and develop the accounting team to perform functions necessary to accomplish departmental goals
- Manage Human Resources and benefits functions, in compliance with Federal and State laws
- Accounts Payable, including banking and cash management
- Accounts Receivable, including credit and collections
- POS retail reporting and reconciliation
- General Ledger reporting
- Inventory management and control
- Payroll processing and filings
- Retail systems management
The Controller manages the overall direction, coordination, evaluation and execution of all employees of, and tasks related to, the finance department. This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Bachelor Degree from four-year College or University
- Five or more years related experience and/or training
- Experience in a retail environment
- Strong accounting software and administration skills